When it comes to looking for a custom clothing manufacturer, the process can often be quite challenging because the market is heavily saturated with so many companies to choose from. However, the process becomes even more complicated if you find yourself in need of a custom leggings manufacturer.
This is an industry that is rapidly expanding every year, especially when it comes to the womenswear consumer market. After all, it is not uncommon to find many of them wearing leggings over jeans and it is understandable because at the end of the day, they are much easier to style and they are way more comfortable to wear.
To this end, it is no surprise that many entrepreneurs and brands are starting to add these products to their collections in an attempt to get on top of this emerging market. In this respect, if you want to find a company to rely on like the custom leggings manufacturer named Appareify, then read on as we break down the key aspects to always look out for.
What Makes Custom Leggings Manufacturers Unique?
Unlike normal clothing production, the manufacturing process of custom leggings involves dealing with stretchable fabrics. Naturally, this tends to require a significant amount of skill, dexterity and experience in sewing them. In other words, just because a manufacturer can produce clothing products doesn’t mean that they have the expertise tohandle custom leggings with ease.
It is for this reason that you always need to make sure that you check the manufacturer’s product specialities and level of experience to ensure that they are qualified enough to work with you. You should also ask them about their sewing style because different legging designs and fabrics will usually require a unique style and approach to production. Speaking of which, some of the common types of leggings include:
- Sports Leggings – This type of athlete wear is specially designed to help facilitate high performance. To this end, they are typically meant to be lightweight, moisture wicking and also highly breathable, even during the most intense workouts.
- Yoga Leggings – This form of athleisure is designed to offer the perfect combination of comfort, flexibility and style, as they are meant to provide a flattering appearance, while also ensuring that they offer a fair amount of dexterity.
To this end, you must always take the time to discuss your precise needs and requirements with the manufacturer, to determine if you are on the same page. The more you are able to understand their product development process, the more likely your designs will be crafted in the way that you originally imagined them to be. If you need a good place to start your search, the site named Appareify would a great place to.
What Should A Custom Leggings Manufacturer Be Able To Provide?
One of the main things that you need to ask the clothing manufacturer is what their MOQ (minimum order quantity) is. This is extremely important because, at the end of the day, there is no point in trying to do business with a company that is not flexible and willing to provide you with a reasonable MOQ that caters to your business needs. If your budget or inventory requirements are not compatible, then there is no reason to waste time, especially if you are just getting started in the business. With a low MOQ, you will at least be able to test the market waters without having to go over budget.
Another important factor to take into consideration is quality control. After all, it doesn’t matter how complex your legging concepts and designs are, your chosen leggings supplier must be able to help you resolve pain points effortlessly. In this regard, some of the main aspects that the manufacturer should be able to provide when it comes to the quality include:
- Seamless Fit: The fabrics and materials that are used to produce the leggings must be able to offer a seamless fit, as well as look smooth and streamlined in terms of appearance.
- Breathability: Breathable wear is extremely essential, as the leggings must be able to promote air circulation and quickly wick away moisture to provide a comfortable experience.
- Fashionable: Leggings are usually seen as athletic wear, style should never be compromised. So, make sure they can also create products that are bespoke to your brand’s aesthetic.
- Versatility: No matter what the activity may be, the leggings must be versatile and flexible enough to provide functionality at all times, whether it’s for a yoga class, a gym workout, or a morning run.
- Durability: Your customers should always be provided with leggings made from strong, high-quality materials that are built to last. If they lack durability, then your customers will have no reason to buy more and your brand reputation will be damaged.
- Comfort: The more comfortable people feel in your leggings, the more use they will have for them daily. Naturally, this means ensuring that they use soft-to-the-touch fabrics that can fit the wearer like a second skin.
How Does The Production Process For Custom Leggings Work?
If you work with a reliable clothing manufacturer like Appareify, the good news is that the production process will usually be fairly swift and straightforward. The entire process can be summarised in the following three steps:
Step 1: Concept Design
This is the initial stage where you will come up with your legging designs, patterns, colorways, sizings, etc. It is also at this point when you will need to consider several outside factors such as target demographics, trends, competitor analysis, etc. Also, if you are unable to put down your ideas on paper, then you can either hire a freelance professional designer or find a clothing manufacturer like Appareify that can provide you with an in-house team of talented experts to collaborate with.
Step 2: Fabric Selection
As mentioned before, fabric selection is extremely important, as consumers will end up judging the quality of your garments based on what you choose to use. Given that leggings are meant to be durable and flexible, the most commonly used materials are Poly-Spandex blends. However, you can also work with your chosen manufacturer to craft garments using other fabric blends to try and give your brand the edge against your competitors.
Step 3: Sample Review
The sample production process begins as soon as you have put together all the relevant specifications of your leggings design. You will usually need to pay a small fee for the samples to be made and sent to you for review. In most cases, they should be ready in just a few days, at which point, if any alterations need to be made, you can relay that information back to the production team. Once you feel satisfied with the final design, you can finally proceed with bulk production.
Finding a custom leggings manufacturer is not always an easy process because you can’t afford to settle for the first one that you find. Luckily, you can use the information in this article to make an informed decision.
From product design, fabric selection, sampling and bulk production to packaging and shipping, make sure that you evaluate all these aspects before you make your final choice.
And even after you find a good manufacturer, it is good practice to always avoid getting too complacent. This means consistently following up and keeping track of product development at all times to minimize any risk of delayed shipments or poor quality control.