Types of Games and their features
Understanding the principles of gaming machines – is essential for both players and all those involved in the gaming sphere in general. Having understood the basics of the functioning of slots gambling, fans can build a system of the game competently, and industry representatives – clearly understand how to make entertainment even more interesting and exciting for users.
In this article, we propose to understand how slot machines in Bollywood online casino work, the types of slots and their characteristics, and which developers could offer players the most original and exciting entertainment.
History of slot machines
- It is believed that the prototype slot machine was the development of English inventor Charles Fay, presented in 1887. Among the forebears of slot machines is also known product of the company Sittman and Pit, which introduced the primary device in 1891. The device consisted of five reels and 50 cards, as the basis of the game was based on the rules of poker.
- Only in 1905 in America appeared the legendary Liberty Bell: a mechanism consisting of three drums with five symbols. The device worked on coins with a face value of 5 cents, and the maximum winnings reached 50 cents.
- The first slot machines were exclusively mechanical and did not contain a digital or software component. The player only needed to throw a coin, pull the handle and activate the mechanism. After that, the movement of the combined shafts and gears began, which gave a specific combination of images.
- As for the first video slot, the first digital game was developed by Fortune Coin in Las Vegas. It happened in 1976. And only in 1994, the world saw the first online slot: a game with three reels and one line to make combinations. Such slots have little in common with their forebears: they work based on programs and random number generators, not shafts, gears and mechanisms. For everything responsible for electronics, winnings fall out on the digital screen, and the calculation is primarily cashless.
- After a few years, the developers entered a desperate competition for players’ attention. Thanks to this, on the market appeared virtual slot machines for 3, 5, 25, dozens and even thousands of paylines, with drums of different formats and all sorts of additional features. Over time, video slots, machines with three-dimensional graphics, animated intros and intricate plots came into play.
What are the types of slots?
All slots have one key feature: the gambling game is based on rotating drums, on which several types of pictures fall out. The player’s main task is to start the rotation of the reels and wait until the same images do not add up to a winning sequence.
Several main types of slots differ not by the basic principle of operation but by additional criteria and characteristics. Let’s consider them in detail.
Classic slot machines
The primary type of slot machine is characterized by the most straightforward possible rules of the game. Such slots do not have a lot of additional features and options; they are similar to the very first slot machines.
Often, classic machines consist of a standard playing field of three reels of three cells in each, which is placed from one to five paylines. In rare cases, such slots contain one additional feature or a symbol with unique characteristics.
A striking example of classic slots is the game Monkey Money from the provider Bongo. The gameplay unfolds on three reels, each with only one cell and, accordingly, only one payline. The set of symbols, as are the game’s rules, is as simple as possible.
As you can understand from the name, fruit slots are slot machines with symbols representing bright ripe fruit. Very often, fruit machines are a subset of the classic, but only sometimes. Since the theme of fruit is extremely popular among gambling fans, modern developers often produce such machines with a set of non-standard features, multiple paylines and additional bonus games.
An excellent example of a fruit slot is the game Ultra Hold and Spin from developers Pragmatic Play. It combines cherries, plums, strawberries, watermelons and oranges on the reels with a non-standard Hold and Spin feature, making the gameplay as engaging as possible.
A separate category of slots that feature animated inserts, intros and playthroughs by the storyline. Video slots are based on modern graphics and progressive visual effects. High-quality animation, intricate plot and the presence of video clips make such games more like an actual animated movie than a standard casino game.
Modern games from this category often have unusual bonus games and additional features. In this case, the basic principle remains unchanged: the screen rotates drums with symbols that, depending on their location, can bring the player a reward.
A striking example in this category is the legendary slot Gonzo’s Quest from NetEnt studio. In the centre of the plot – is the conquistador-colonizer, looking in the jungles of South America treasures of the ancient Aztecs. The unconventional story, colourful intro, unusual system of falling symbols and bonus game make this slot one of the best representatives in its category.
dimensional (3D) slots
Such games contain an excellent three-dimensional image, which, combined with a high-quality soundtrack, creates the effect of maximum immersion in the gameplay. In addition to impressive visuals, 3D slots are characterized by fast performance, well-thought-out gameplay and a comfortable game interface.
Often 3D slots have a non-standard plot, which is displayed in additional bonus games, unusual options and features within the gambling game. PlayingPlaying such slots is more interesting than computer games. At the same time remains a high degree of excitement and involvement.
An excellent example of a 3D slot is the game Wild Guns from the developer Wazdan. Western-style slot machine creates an atmosphere of exciting adventures in the Wild West, offering many additional bonuses and features.