Whenever you buy a phone from Straight Talk, it will be locked. This usually means that the user cannot use a SIM card from another carrier. So, if you are a user who wants to venture to a different carrier then it is well recommended to unlock it so that it can incorporate another SIM card. But before that, certain requirements are to be met by the user before gaining access to unlock the code.
Why do You need to unlock your Straight Talk phone?
Although there is no harm in keeping the phone locked as it depends on personal preference because there are people who are fully content with the services that are offered to them by Straight Talk. But, if you are among those people who want to use the SIM of another carrier then it is a must for you to unlock it. The main reason for unlocking it is that the user will gain access to use services from other carriers that are available in the country.
Requirements to unlock a straight talk phone
To unlock the straight talk phone, make sure that you meet the following requirements:-
- An unlock request must be submitted.
- The Straight talk phone must be in working condition.
- The straight talk phone must be used for 12 months continuously and the service must be redeemed for not less than 12 months.
- The needed device must not report any of the three cases- lost. Involved in fraud or stolen.
- The telephone number should neither be recycled nor ported.
- The user’s Straight Talk phone must be a model that was launched after February 2014 and if not then activated after February 2015.
- The unlock request must be submitted when the phone is active. Either that or within 60 days after the service expires.
In any case, the user has been deployed military, Straight Talk will be under obligations to honor the user’s unlock request provided that the right deployment papers are offered. Additionally, it shall be also taken into consideration whether or not the phone has been blacklisted. These are all the requirements that should be met to unlock the straight talk phone.
How to unlock a straight talk phone?
If you have bought the phone from Straight Talk, you will be provided with a straight talk unlock code. Thus, to obtain the Straight talk Unlock code for free, below are the steps that are to be followed:-
- Step: 1– Dial the Straight Talk Customer Care number that is 877.439.2355 any day between 8 a.m. to 11:45 p.m.
- Step: 2– Follow up by requesting the unlock code. After this, a thorough verification will be conducted by the customer care agent to check whether or not all the requirements are met.
- Step: 3– The user will be provided with a Straight Talk sim card 8-digit unlock code by the representative. The user must write it down as it might be needed when the times come for unlocking the phone.
After the network unlock code has been obtained, the below steps are to be followed to unlock the phone:-
- Switch off the phone and remove the Straight Talk sim card
- Replace the old sim card with the new carrier’s sim card and switch on the phone
- Users will receive a notification where he or they will be asked that the phone needs to unlock to operate the new card. Enter the straight talk sim card 8 digit unlock code received from Straight talk and tap on unlock
The user will receive a confirmation message that will ensure that the code has been accepted or not and whether the phone has been unlocked or not. If both are accepted then the user is all set to use their phone on the new carrier.
Alternative ways to unlock the phone
There are times when it becomes difficult to unlock the phone through Straight Talk. Even though you have not met all the requirements you can still unlock your Straight talk phone but not through Straight Talk Phone customer care. There are widely available third parties that will provide the user with an unlock code but at a cost. But the catch here is that not all the third parties here are genuine and this is why this option must be chosen very carefully with the anticipated unpleasant outcomes.
Carriers used after Straight Talk Phone unlock
The carriers that can be used after unlocking Straight Talk Phone are GSM networks such as T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T. It should be strictly taken into consideration that CDMA phones cannot be used as they will not support the GSM bands.
Though the requirements that are required to meet for a straight talk phone are fewer, they are very strict. So, if you are a user who has successfully met the criteria, you can go ahead and unlock it and gain access to all the services.
Also, check – T Mobile Network Reset Code
FAQs Related to Straight Talk Unlock Code
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”How To Unlock A Straight Talk Phone?” answer-0=”Just follow the above mentioned steps and you will get your unlock straight talk phone instantly.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”Can i Unlock A Straight Talk Phone without Password?” answer-1=”Yes, Absolutely! You can use the network unlock codes to unlock your Straight Talk Phone.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”What is straight talk sim card 8 digit unlock code?” answer-2=”Straight talk sim card 8 digit unlock code is 8 digit network unlock code, which is mentioned above, can be used to unlock your phone.” image-2=”” count=”3″ html=”true” css_class=””]
Also Read: –