Mahadbt scholarship is financial aid for the students by the State Government of Maharashtra. Financial help is provided to the students of Maharashtra depending on the annual income of their family. The scholarship is given to the students studying in Maharashtra only.
Also known as the Maharashtra Direct Benefit Scholarship, it is given to students whose annual income is less than Rs.2.5 lakh. The entire process of obtaining the scholarship that is the registration, form filling, submission of documents, etc. is carried out online. The students need to go for mahadbt login for obtaining the scholarship. Through this article today, let’s learn every detail about the Maharashtra scholarship.
What is Maharashtra Scholarship? – Mahadbtmait
Mahabdtmait or say Maharashtra Direct Benefit Scholarship is an online scholarship to offer benefits to students of Maharashtra. The government of Maharashtra offers this scholarship to the eligible candidate. It helps the students living below the poverty line in Maharashtra. The government has designed an official website where the students can register for the scholarship. Additionally, it has nearly 38 scholarship posts for matric scholarship. The scholarship is provided by the State Government of Maharashtra. And different departments sponsor the scholarships.
Maharashtra Scholarship Overview:
|Name of the scholarship||MahaDBT Scholarship|
|Offered By||Govt Of Maharashtra|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students with Family income less than 2.5Lac Per annum|
|Mode of Registration||Online (MahaDBT Website)|
|Last date||31st Jan 2022|
|Mode of payment||Direct benefit transfer (DBT)|
Who is Eligible for MahaDBT Scholarship?
The eligibility criteria for the Mahadbtlogin scholarship depends on the type of scholarship you are applying for. Here is an entire overview of the eligibility criteria of different scholarships under the MahaDBT scholarship.
For Social Justice and Special Assistance Department:
Under this criterion falls 5 different types of scholarships. Here is the eligibility requirement for each.
Government of India Post-Matric Scholarship
The annual income of the student applying for this scholarship should be equal to or less than Rs.2.5 lakh. The student should be from Neo Buddhist or Scheduled Caste category. The student should also be a Maharashtrian resident and should have cleared matriculation or SSC exams. The students can select a maximum of 2 professional courses.
Post Matriculation Tuition Fee and Examination Fee (Freeship)
The annual income of the student should not be more than Rs.2.5 lakh. The student should also be from Neo Buddhist or Scheduled Caste category. The student should also be a Maharashtrian resident and should have cleared matriculation or SSC exams. The institute of the student should be located in Maharashtra and should be recognized by the Government. The students need to clear the CAP round with a maximum of 2 professional courses.
Maintenance Allowance for Students in Professional Courses
The students should be attending the vocational courses and living in a Government or institute hostel. Additionally, the students must hold the scholarships approved by the Indian Government. The annual income of the family should not exceed Rs.2.5 lakh.
Rajashri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship
The student should be from the SC category and studying in either the 11th or 12th class. The student has to score a minimum of 75% in SSC. In addition to this candidate must be a resident of Maharashtra.
Post-Matric Scholarship for Disabled
Only disabled students can apply for this scholarship. The student needs to be a resident of Maharashtra and needs to study in a recognized institute or university. In case the student fails or leaves the course, the scholarship would be terminated. The student needs to have 40% or more disability.
How to Apply for MahaDBT Scholarship?
To apply for the MahaDBT log-in scholarship, the students need to fill up a form and register themselves online. Here is the entire process for applying for the scholarship of MahaDBT.
- Visit the official website of MahaDBT scholarship (www.mahadbtmahait.gov.in).
- Give a click on the “New Application Registration” tab.
- Create a Username and Password by entering your details.
- Enter your correct mobile number and proceed.
- Upload the required documents.
The process of registering for the MahaDBT scholarship is over. The students would receive the reimbursement once they submit the fee receipt on the website. Besides this, it should also be marked that the students have to enter their mobile number.
Benefits under MahaDBT scholarship
The students applying for the MahaDBTE login scholarship will enjoy the following benefits.
- Students with annual family income up to Rs.2.5 lakh would enjoy a 100% waive of tuition fees for both Government aided and non-government aided courses
- Any student whose family annual income would be up to Rs.8 lakhs would receive a 50% waive off of tuition fees for both Government aided and non-government aided courses
- Either 50% or 100% examination fees would be paid for the professional courses and non-professional courses
Documents to be submitted:
The students need to submit the following documents along with the application form at the time of registration.
- Aadhar Card.
- Certificates of Education Qualification.
- Caste Certificate (If applicable).
- Mark sheets.
- Disability Certificate (if needed).
- Slip for Admission Confirmation.
- Bank Account linked with Aadhar Card.
How to fill MahaDBT scholarship application form?
The students need to follow the steps given below for filling out the MahaDBT scholarship form.
- Firstly, visit www.mahadbtmahait.gov.in.
- On the homepage, click on the link to “Post Matric Scholarship”.
- After that, on the next page, click on the “New applicant registration” tab.
- On the application form page, enter details like your name, password, username, mobile number, and email address.
- An OTP would be generated and the applicant would receive it on the mobile phone and email address.
- Enter the OTP for both an email address and mobile number.
- Give a click on the “Register” tab.
When the applicant finally submits the application form, the credentials would be automatically generated. The applicant will also receive the credentials on the registered mobile number and email address. Finally, students need to save the credentials for future purposes.
The MahaDBT scholarship is open for renewal purposes also, and the last date to submit the application form is 31st January 2022. The students also need to go through the rules and regulations before applying for the scholarship to avoid any rejections.