Vi (Vodafone/Idea), the collaboration of Vodafone Idea LTD is one of the leading telecom service providers of the country after Jio, Airtel and BSNL. The telecom network provides great telecom services, a better network, impressive data offers and many benefits.
As soon as you buy a Sim card, activating it is an integral part of any mobile connection request. Before we get into it, it’s important to realize that activating your sim is free. However, VI sim activation cannot be done online. You will need to download VI apps for Android or iOS, sign up and create a user account. Once you log in to your account, you will get access to several things including the delivery of your sim card to your doorstep.
There are 4 ways to Activate Your VI Sim.
- By Phone.
- By Going to Store.
- A New Connection Request.
- By SMS.
Let’s understand all these 4 methods one by one.
#1 Activate your VI Sim by phone
- You need to know the VI sim activation number. It’s 59059 with the Indian code.
- Now follow the voice instructions and enter your identification and account information using the dial pad of your smartphone.
- Wait for 24 hours after providing the required information.
- Once you receive texts and can make calls, you will know that your card is activated.
#2 How to activate Vi Sim card by going to store
Visit the nearby VI store to activate your sim.
- Visit the Store Locator page to find the nearest VI store.
- Submit your ID proofs and address proof documents.
- Talk to the executive regarding the VI sim activation process. The representatives will guide you through it.
Also Read :- How to Know Airtel Sim Mobile Number?
#3 New VI Sim Activation: A New connection request
The sim activation technique is applicable for those who have applied or ordered a new Sim online. It is a simple method that can save from the hassle of going out and buying the same. Follow the below-given steps.
- First, visit the SIM delivery page.
- Provide the required details including your name, mobile number, city and others.
- Once you have applied for the sim purchase, you will receive it at your doorstep by a delivery person.
- You can ask the delivery person to insert the sim in your phone and call VI sim activation for prepaid number 59059.
#4 VI sim card activation by SMS
Whether you want VI sim activation for prepaid number or postpaid, both can be done with the help of SMS. Check out this step by step guide to know the process.
- SMS the VI sim card number to Vodafone sim verification number 55199. Here, the sim card number refers to the 20 digit number written on the backside of the sim.
- Soon after that, you will receive an SMS with the last 6 digits of the sim card number missing.
- You need to send these last 6 numbers to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS.
- After that, you will receive the success SMS and your sim card will be activated within 20 minutes.
- Enjoy the uninterrupted LTE calling and data services of VI.
How to activate a Sim which is already deactivated?
Normally companies deactivate a sim that remains inactive for longer time intervals. But, at the same time, you have all the rights to call customer care to get the same VI sim number activated.
You can also visit the nearby Vi store for the same.
Things that you Need to Know;
- As discussed above, SIM activation is free and does not include any hidden charges.
- If you send a SIM activation request after office hours, it will be processed the next day.
- SIM card activation is mandatory to avail of any services.
I hope Vi Sim card activation will be easy for you now.