Piles (or Haemorrhoids) can become very discomforting and may disrupt your day-to-day activities if left untreated. Piles operation using laser technology is a minimally invasive surgical procedure and is also known as laser haemorrhoidectomy.
The effectiveness of piles laser operation may vary depending on the severity of condition. The pile’s laser treatment cost can vary on various factors. Read to know more about it.
What is Piles?
Piles is an anorectal condition in which the blood vessels in and around the anus swell and enlarge. It may become painful, itchy and even lead to bleeding in some cases.
The exact cause of piles is unclear but factors such as obesity, constipation, pregnancy and a sedentary lifestyle can play a huge contributing role. Furthermore, consuming a high-processed diet is also a risk factor for piles.
While the condition may affect persons of any age, it’s more frequent in the elderly and during pregnancy.
What is a Laser Piles Operation?
A laser piles operation is a non-invasive surgical procedure to treat piles. Individuals with fear or concerns about traditional surgery can benefit from this procedure.
During the procedure, a laser beam is used to target and cauterise the blood vessels that are responsible for the development of piles. It can effectively shrink or eliminate the haemorrhoidal tissue, leading to relief in piles symptoms.
This precise and controlled method allows patients a more comfortable experience while still achieving successful outcomes in treating their condition.
The pile’s laser treatment offers several advantages. Consulting with a healthcare professional for proper evaluation and treatment recommendations is important.
Preparation for Piles Operation
Preparation is crucial in ensuring a smooth piles operation experience. Patients are advised to follow specific instructions provided by their doctor to prepare for the procedure adequately. Some necessary preparation steps may include:
- Medication Adjustment: The doctor may instruct patients to temporarily stop taking certain medications, especially blood thinners. It helps to lower the risk of excessive bleeding during the surgery.
- Bowel Preparation: In some cases, a bowel prep may be required to clear the digestive system of any leftover waste material. It is often done using an enema or a laxative to ensure the piles operation is clean and hygienic.
Following the doctor’s instructions adequately for medication adjustments and bowel preparation can contribute to the overall effectiveness of the procedure.
Procedure of Piles Laser Operation
Laser operation for piles, also known as laser hemorrhoidoplasty is a minimally invasive surgical technique for treating advanced and painful haemorrhoids. The key steps involved in this procedure include:
- Anaesthesia Options: The procedure can be performed under local, general, or spinal anaesthesia. The choice may depend on the patient’s medical condition and preferences and the surgeon’s recommendation.
- Laser Beam Application: During laser hemorrhoidoplasty, the surgeon uses a narrow laser beam to specifically target the piles, causing them to shrink.
- Shrinking of Haemorrhoids: The laser beams are precisely applied to the swollen piles, resulting in shrinkage. This process promotes a gradual size reduction of piles.
Benefits of Piles Laser Treatment
Laser treatment for piles offers several benefits over conventional surgical methods. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Day-care Procedure: Piles operation is typically performed as a day-care procedure, meaning it does not require hospitalisation. Patients can undergo the procedure and return home on the same day.
- Painless Procedure: Laser treatment is generally painless compared to conventional surgeries.
- Minimally Invasive Technique: Laser technology in piles operation eliminates the need for traditional incisions, stitches, or scars. This approach reduces and promotes faster healing.
- Safety: Laser piles operation is safer due to its non-invasive nature. This treatment method is considered much safer, quicker, and highly effective in removing piles compared to traditional surgeries.
- Reduced Blood Loss and Faster Recovery: Laser treatment for piles is associated with minimal blood loss compared to conventional surgeries. This ensures a shorter overall recovery time.
- Quick Resumption of Normal Routine: Due to less post-operative discomfort, patients can typically resume their normal routine within a few days, usually within 3 to 4 days.
- Lower Infection and Recurrence Rates: Laser minimises the risk of post-surgical infections, as the procedure involves minimal tissue damage. Additionally, the chance of recurrence of piles is generally low with laser treatment, providing long-term relief to patients.
Piles Laser Treatment Cost
The Piles Laser treatment cost can vary depending on several factors such as location, hospital reputation, surgeon’s experience, and additional services or treatments required. It may cost anywhere between ₹ 55,000 to ₹ 1,10,000.
Piles laser operation is a minimally invasive and effective surgical procedure for treating haemorrhoids. It has various advantages over traditional procedures, such as less discomfort, less blood, quicker healing, and less recurrence rates.
Factors such as location, hospital reputation, surgeon’s experience, and additional services or treatments required can impact the cost of piles laser treatment. We at HexaHealth can provide you with the best consultation and surgical treatments that lead you to a healthier life.