Don’t you wish to be a Yahoo user any longer? You may have any reason to make this decision. However, the good news is that you can delete yahoo account in merely a couple of clicks. So, do not need to worry if you have decided to call it quits. Nonetheless, after completing the deletion procedure, you need to wait for some time to get your account deleted permanently by Yahoo.
Sometimes, we do something and wish to undo it, don’t we? Yahoo comes with great convenience for its users in this regard. If you think you want your account back anytime, you can do that within 40 days. So, the power is in your hands. Do not forget to cancel your paid Yahoo subscriptions (if you have opted for any).
Are you an existing Yahoo user? Then, you might know about various online resources offered by Yahoo, such as Yahoo Mail. If you no longer want to use Yahoo services, then it is time to terminate yahoo account.
How to Delete Your Yahoo! Account? – A Step-by-Step Process
Note that deleting the Yahoo account means losing My Yahoo settings, Yahoo Messenger, Flickr account & photos, and all other information associated with the Yahoo account.
Are you ready to delete your Yahoo email account? Then, do not forget to save all the information in your system that may be required later. I would recommend you make an informative decision when it comes to deleting your Yahoo! email account. It is time to check out the steps of the Yahoo! Account deletion:
- First, go to the Yahoo account termination page and log into it with the correct credential. Choose the Yahoo ID that you no longer wish to keep. If you face any issue during the email yahoo login, then reach out to the Yahoo customer care team.
- Go through the entire information regarding the Yahoo account deletion. If you agree, then click on “Continue.” Do not forget once your account gets deleted, you won’t be able to use any paid Yahoo services linked to this specific email address any longer.
- Next, enter the Yahoo password to verify your identity. It is time to click on “Yes.”
- Delete your account. Next, opt for “I Understood.”
- You have successfully deleted your Yahoo account. Wait for around 40 days to get the deletion process completed by Yahoo.
However, the waiting period may differ in different countries. For instance, if a Yahoo account is registered in New Zealand or Australia, then the deletion process may take around 90 days to complete.
On the other hand, the users of Taiwan have to wait for around 180 days. If you have any queries regarding the waiting period, you can reach out to the Yahoo customer care team.
Once you delete your account, no one would be able to reach you through your Yahoo email address again. Instead, they would receive a delivery failure message in their inbox.
You can change your mind anytime during this waiting period. If you decide to become a Yahoo user again, you can easily reactivate your account. You just need to log into your account within 40 days. However, the above duration is more for some countries for account reactivation.
When you reactivate your Yahoo account successfully, people would again be able to send emails to the email address that had been deactivated.
Note that you won’t be able to get emails that had been sent to you during the account closure period. Since you may lose important emails in this process, you have to think twice before deleting your email account. On the other hand, if you are sure about account deletion, notify all your important contacts in advance with your new email address.
However, it may still be possible to access some of your data even after the complete deletion of your Yahoo account. You can contact Yahoo customer care to know about the information stored in this regard. Visit https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/topics/datastorage/index.htm to know more.
Congratulations! You have now learned how to delete yahoo mail.
Are you a Yahoo Finance Premium account user? Then, your data might be stored for three calendar years.
The Removal of Yahoo! Mail from Your Android Device: A Step-by-Step Process
Note that Android devices do not come with a uniform interface. That is why the process may differ for Yahoo email account removal from the Android mail application.
Nonetheless, when you delete your Yahoo email from your Android device, it won’t terminate your Yahoo account. Instead, you can access your account anytime, just you need to log into the webmail.
Let us have a look at the steps of removal of Yahoo Mail on Android:
- Visit the “Menu” option, and click on “Settings.”
- Next, choose “Accounts and Sync.”
- Go to your Yahoo account.
- Select it to remove.
- Tap “Remove Account” to verify your selection.
Delete Your Yahoo! Mail Account: A Step-by-Step Process
Do you wonder how to remove my yahoo account from the iPhone mobile application? Note that you can remove Yahoo E-Mail temporarily from the iPhone with the following steps:
- Go to your Mail accounts and Visit “Settings.”
- It is time to choose your Yahoo account. Next, select the option to turn your email off.
- As a result, you can remove your Yahoo account from the iPhone email temporarily. Although Yahoo e-mails would still be on your device, you won’t be receiving any notifications.
- Do you want to remove Yahoo Email from your iPhone permanently? Yes? Then, it is time to execute the following steps:
- Go to your Mail account and enter the “Setting” option.
- Opt for your Yahoo account.
- It is time to scroll down and reach the bottom of your screen. Now, select “Delete Account.”
- Do not forget that once you remove your Yahoo account, all the reminders and contacts linked with Yahoo would also be removed from your iPhone.
The same applies to Android. Removing your Yahoo email account from the iPhone does not cancel yahoo account altogether. That means you can access your account from a web browser any time you want.
How to Remove Yahoo Search Engine in Chrome?
Do you wonder how to get rid of yahoo search engine in Chrome? If yes, then it is time to execute the following steps:
- Launch the Chrome browser on your system. Expand the menu and choose “Settings.”
- Next, check the left sidebar and choose “Search Engine.”
- Choose the “Manage Search Engines” option.
- Next, locate the three-dot icon besides Yahoo!
- Choose “Remove from list.”
You are now familiar with the procedure of the yahoo delete account. If you have decided to stop using Yahoo services, it is time to follow the process and get it done.
Also Read :-