Reliance Jio has emerged as a storm among the telecom service providers in India since 2016. In a short time, span, the company has given the customers amazing plans and offers, 4G VOLTE connectivity, and much more nationwide which has increased its subscribers to more than 400 million. Are you also wishing to join the Jio Bandwagon? But worried about losing your mobile number? BSNL to Jio port is a perfect solution to all your problems.
How to port BSNL to Jio?
Are you facing connectivity issues with your BNSL SIM card? Or want to avail the amazing Jio offers? Here is a complete guide regarding BSNL to Jio port offer with all the necessary steps you need to follow.
Must Read:- How to Port Vi to Airtel Guide
Port through Offline Store
The very first step toward BSNL to Jio portability is to generate the UPC code which is the Unique Porting Code.
- To generate the UPC, take your mobile phone and send type a message “PORT” followed by a space and your BSNL mobile number and send it to 1900
- Once you send the message, you shall receive a message from number 1901 mentioning your UPC code. It would also contain the time and date of expiry till which the code would be valid for porting the number
- Once you have the UPC code, visit the nearby Jio Store and submit your UPC along with the required documents to the customer care executive
Once you submit the UPC code along with the address and identity proofs, the MNP request would be submitted to Jio. You shall receive a new Jio SIM card from the store which shall get activated after 4 to 6 working days. However, it should be noted that if the validity period of the UPC code expires, you can easily generate a new UPC by messaging to 1900 again.
How to Convert BSNL SIM to Jio?
Port through Website
You can also go for BSNL port to Jio through the official website of Jio. Here are the steps you need to follow for having your BSNL number ported.
- For scheduling a new Jio SIM card online for home delivery, visit the official website of Jio which is jio.com.
- Give a tab on the home delivery section mentioned on the home page.
- Enter the necessary details like your full name and BSNL number of 10 digits and give a tab on “Get SIM” for generating an OTP.
- Enter the OPT of 6 digits you have received on the BSNL number and give a click on the tab “Verify”.
- Once you have entered the OTP, select your preferred postpaid or prepaid plan and give a click on the tab “Port to Jio” option to continue the process.
- The next step is to fill in your complete address along with the PIN code and give a click on the tab “Submit” to place an MNP request.
- Once your form is submitted, the Jio home delivery agent would give you a call back for confirming the details and confirming an appointment for delivering the new Jio SIM.
Once the agent visits your home, submit the UPC code you have received on your BSNL mobile number along with the address proofs and identity proofs for getting the new Jio SIM.
Must Read:- How to Port Jio to Airtel Guide
Port through My Jio App
The last way to BSNL port offer is through the My Jio App. The steps to port BSNL to Jio through the My Jio App include:
- The first step is to open the App Store or Google Play Store and download the My Jio App.
- Once it is installed, open the My Jio App and select the option ‘Not a Jio User’.
- Next, click on the option Port-in to Jio.
- On the next page, enter necessary details like your full name and your BSNL number of 10 digits and give a click on Enter to obtain the OTP via SMS.
- Next enter the OTP received on the BSNL number of 6 digits and give a click on the tab “Verify”.
- On the next page, you shall be inquired whether you want a new number from Jio or want to port the same number to Jio
- Give a click on the option “port-in to Jio” box.
- Select the connection type you want Postpaid SIM or Prepaid SIM.
- Enter your complete address properly along with the PIN code and give a click on the tab “Proceed” for submitting the MNP request.
Once this form is filled up completely your submission is over. A Jio executive would call you for confirming the address and other details for delivering the new Jio SIM card.
Benefits of portability to Jio:
- Fast internet speed and improved voice quality.
- Prepaid plans with extreme value for money.
- Unlimited national calls for any network.
- Complimentary access to other apps from Jio like Jio TV, Jio Games, Jio News, etc.
FAQs Related to BSNL to Jio Port Offers
I want to port in my number to Jio. What should I do?
You can follow the above mentioned Process with step by step guide, which will help you to port your BSNL Sim to Jio in easy steps.
How to port BSNL to Jio?
Follow the Above mentioned Portability process (online or offline) and get Jio Sim card on your doorsteps.
How long does it take to port from BSNL to Jio?
It will take 3 to 7 Working days to Port from BSNL to Jio.
How much does it cost to port from BSNL to Jio?
Jio does not charge anything to BSNL users, you just need to recharge with regular packs and start using Jio sim card.
(For more updates, keep visiting SDASrinagar.com)