Airtel is among the renowned multinational companies in India launched in 1995. The telecommunication company gives strong competition to other companies in the market when it comes to a continuously improving and uninterrupted network and amazing 4G and 5G data packs. Again, apart from mobile network services, other special services one can enjoy with Airtel includes digital television, payment bank, IPTV, internet television, broadband, and much more.
Airtel Number Block Guide
The subscribers can opt for either a prepaid Airtel connection for mobile or a postpaid connection. But have you thought about what to do if in case you lose the SIM card or your smartphone with the SIM card?
Today, people generally save their important passwords, files, and other essential details on their mobile phones to keep them handy and secure. And when the Sim card or the phone is stolen or lost, the first thing that comes to one’s mind is the security of the data. The good news here is that if you are using the Airtel SIM card, you can now easily opt for Airtel number block facilities and get a new SIM issued with the same number.
Wondering how is this possible? Let’s learn the procedure of blocking the Airtel SIM card in various ways.
Also Read:- Airtel Caller Tune Number
Important details regarding blocking the sim card:
Before we proceed towards how to deactivate or block the Airtel sim card, there are certain things the users need to know about the process of deactivating the card. Here is the list.
- The number 121 can be used to block both prepaid and postpaid Airtel sim card types.
- It is important to remember the last dialled number before proceeding to block the sim card.
- The last recharge or bill paid amount should also be known along with the ID or address proof details.
If the individual is using a prepaid connection, the remaining balance on the last sim card would be immediately transferred to the new sim card connection.
How to block Airtel SIM Card online?
In case you have lost the Airtel SIM card, here is the process for Airtel SIM block online.
- Visit the official website of Airtel.
- Log in using the Airtel ID.
- Look for the tab “Help and Support” and give a click on it.
- Look for the option “Deactivate Service” and click on it.
- Next, give a click on the option “SIM Block” in the section.
- Enter the details asked for deactivating the SIM Card and click on Enter.
Once you give a click on enter, the process of deactivation of the SIM card is processed. The SIM card would be deactivated shortly.
How to block Airtel SIM card by calling from Airtel Connection:
Lost your SIM card? Here are the steps to block the Airtel sim card by calling from another Airtel connection.
- Take another Airtel connection and open the dialling pad.
- Dial the number 121 or 198 from the Airtel connection.
- Ask the customer care executive to process the deactivation of the Airtel sim number you want to block.
- The executive would ask you for the phone number and other details to verify the ownership of the Airtel connection.
Once the verification is done, the executive would deactivate or block the Airtel SIM card or number.
How to block the Airtel SIM card by visiting Airtel Store?
Here is how you can block or deactivate the Airtel Sim card by visiting the store.
- Visit the Airtel Store nearby your house.
- Ask the store executive to deactivate or block your Airtel SIM card.
- Provide the store executive with certain documents like last recharge details, ID or address proof, last call record, etc.
Once the store executive is given all the necessary documents or details, he/she would block the Airtel SIM card. You can also ask the executive to give you a new sim card with the same number.
How to block the Airtel Sim card from non-Airtel number?
What if you don’t have another Airtel sim card to block the lost number? Don’t worry. There is a solution to this issue too. Here are the steps on how you can use the Airtel sim block code for non-Airtel number.
- Take a non-Airtel sim card smartphone.
- Dial the toll free number of Airtel, 1800-103-4444 from the phone.
- Talk to the Airtel customer executive and ask them to deactivate or block the Airtel number that is lost.
- The executive might ask for some verification details like ID proof verification, last recharge amount, etc. for determining the ownership.
- When the details are verified, the Airtel sim card would be deactivated.
The customers can also dial 121 from a non-Airtel sim card for blocking the lost Airtel sim card number, however, they would be charged per minute for the same.
In any case, if you receive the lost phone or sim card, you can simply give a call on 121 and reactivate the number with ease.
FAQs Related to Airtel Number Block
Can i block the Airtel Sim card from non-Airtel number?
Yes, You can! All you need is to call 1800-103-4444 from non Airtel number can follow the instruction to block airtel sim card.
Can i block Airtel Sim Online?
What is Airtel Number to Block Sim Card?
Airtel User can dial 121 or 198 number from your Airtel Phone to block Airtel number online.
- BSNL 6 Month Validity Recharge
- Engmode – MTK Engineering Mode Codes
- Check AT&T Data Usage
- Maxis Balance Check Code
- Check BSNL Net Balance
(For more updates on Airtel, Jio, and Vodafone, keep visiting SDASrinagar.com)