There are times when sending the SMS does not work and many fall under the impression that it may be due to their network problem. But even after that, later sometime when they try to send the message, they are more or less likely to face the same problem. In such cases, you are advised to look at the message settings of Airtel and follow up by tweaking the options that are there for example replacing the option ‘Airtel SMS center’ number.
Airtel Message Centre Number: Introduction
Airtel Message Centre Number is the number that will help in contacting Airtel customer service on the mobile device of the customer. This feature was originally launched in 2016 December and is available in almost every mobile phone that prevails in India.
Must Check – एयरटेल सिम ब्लॉक कैसे करे?
State Wise Airtel message center number
The Airtel message center number varies from state to state and it’s important to dial the number correctly. The SMS center number Airtel corresponding to the states including the Airtel SMS Centre number is mentioned below:
Airtel SMSC Number
|Jammu and Kashmir
Troubleshoot and fix messages not being sent from Airtel; how to tackle the problem
If you face a problem in changing the Airtel SMS center number, there are chances that a few of the troubleshooting when performed may solve the problem. Some of the attempts are mentioned below:
- Restarting the phone– This is the common solution that has been found to solve many problems let alone this particular problem. All you need to do here is that you need to restart the phone so that the potential temporary problems can be easily eradicated.
- Clearing cache from the message app-When the cache is cleared from the message up, it eliminates the problems that are resulting in misbehaving processes in the background.
- Updating the app– There are times when such problems arise because the app is a bit outdated which is why it should be made sure that the latest version of the app is used.
- Call customer care-This has to be the last option when none of the above options work for you. All you need to do is just to reach out to the customer care executive and you will be offered the right solution. The Airtel customer care number is 121.
Changing the Airtel SMS center number on the phone
If you want to change the Airtel SMSC number on the phone, you can do so by following the below-mentioned steps:
- On your phone, open the ‘Settings’ app.
- Move to ‘Network & Internet’ If not then a similar setting.
- Click on ‘call’. Find the advance setting and click tap on that too.
- ‘SMSC’ settings or ‘SMS center number’ will be displayed on your mobile screen. Follow up by tapping on it.
- Here, you need to verify if the number entered is right and belongs to your state or not. If it’s a wrong number, check out the SMS center number mentioned above and just copy and paste the right one.
Different phones will have a different process for changing the SMS center number. It can be found by ‘Advanced calling settings’ for changing the Airtel SMS center number.
SMSC Number for Airtel: Getting and updating the SMSC number
SMSC is usually used to refer to the short message service center number through which Airtel not only routes but also forward all the messages to the wanted locations. This means that if you are someone who is facing some sort of problem while sending messages from your Airtel Sim card then this problem can be fixed through the Airtel SMS Centre number.
To get the Airtel SMS center number, all you need to do is just dial *#*#4636#*#8 from the phone’s dialer. After you have dialed the number, you will be provided with some options that you need to select according to your preference so as to know the SMSC number for your Airtel SIM card.
In case you want to update the Airtel SMSC number, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- From your phone’s dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#*.
- A message will appear on your mobile screen.
- Tap on the ‘Phone information’.
- Follow up by navigating for the SMSC option.
- Tap on the refresh option.
- Enter the updated SMSC that you are willing to create.
- Tap on the update button and the SMSC number will be set from the Airtel Sim.
FAQs on Airtel Message Center Number
1. What is the Airtel Message Center Number? The Airtel Message Center Number (also known as the SMSC number) is a crucial setting in your phone that allows you to send SMS messages. This number varies by region and must be correctly set for your text messages to be sent successfully.
2. How can I find the Airtel Message Center Number for my region? The Airtel Message Center Number can vary depending on your location. It’s usually provided in your SIM card documentation or on the official Airtel website. You can also contact Airtel customer support directly to get the number specific to your area.
3. How do I update or set the Airtel Message Center Number on my phone? To update or set the Airtel Message Center Number:
- Go to your phone’s messaging app settings.
- Look for the SMS or Message Settings option.
- Find the option to set or edit the SMSC or Message Center Number.
- Enter the correct Airtel Message Center Number for your region and save the settings. The exact steps can vary depending on your phone model and operating system.
4. Why might I need to check or update my Airtel Message Center Number? If you’re experiencing issues with sending SMS messages, it could be due to an incorrect Message Center Number. Checking and updating this number ensures that your phone is correctly configured to send messages through Airtel’s network.
5. What should I do if changing the Airtel Message Center Number doesn’t fix my SMS issues? If updating the Message Center Number doesn’t resolve your SMS sending issues, consider the following steps:
- Restart your phone.
- Check if your SMS inbox or outbox is full and delete some messages if needed.
- Ensure you have sufficient balance or SMS pack for sending messages.
- Contact Airtel customer support for further assistance.
6. Can I use the same Airtel Message Center Number for different regions within a country? Generally, the Airtel Message Center Number is specific to each region. While some numbers may work across different areas within the same country, it’s best to use the number designated for your specific location for optimal performance.
7. How can I contact Airtel customer support for more help? You can contact Airtel customer support through various channels:
- Call their customer care number, typically 121, from your Airtel phone.
- Visit the official Airtel website to chat with a support agent or find additional contact information.
- Reach out to Airtel through their official social media accounts for assistance.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the Airtel Message Center Number and how to configure it, please visit the official Airtel website or contact their customer service directly.
When you call an AMC number from your phone, you will be connected with the customer service representative at Airtel who will help in resolving your issue for instance top-up, bill payment, and sometimes even general information regarding your phone. Thus, these are everything that was there to know concerning Airtel’s message center number. With the right and updated SMSC number, your issue will be easily resolved.