Are you using the internet at home? If yes, you are likely to have a router too. The router is used for getting a basic WiFi network working. But what you might haven’t realized is that the current network you are using is not an ideal one. There are high chances that you might not have the password to the WiFi network you are using or that the WiFi network you are using isn’t optimized for use. For making any changes in the WiFi network, you need to log in to the router through the IP address 192.168.188.1.
No doubt, even without learning about the IP address, your things or work would be going smoothly. But you need to have the IP address during certain situations. Today, through this piece of information, let’s learn how to connect to the IP address, the WiFi settings, and all other essential details about the IP address.
How to Login to 192.168.188.1?
No doubt, while using the internet or WiFi, you might not need the IP address. However, if something goes wrong, you surely need the 192.168.l.188.1 IP address to reach its admin page for making changes in the router settings. Here is how you can log in to the router.
- If you want to reach the admin page of the IP address, you will need a computer device connected to the internet or a router.
- You can connect using a laptop, computer, or even a smartphone. Next, you have to connect your device with the router through WiFi or a wired Ethernet connection.
- Once the connection is established, open the web browser (Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome) and enter the IP address in the search bar.
- On entering the IP address, you shall be driven to the login section of the router admin page.
- Now enter the login username along with the password linked with the router.
On entering the right username and password, you shall be directed to the router admin page. If you are not aware of the username and password or either of them, you can use the default login details on your router basis. You can also check on the router’s website as the manufacturing company would have listed the default username and password on the website. Lastly, if you have already changed the password, or you have forgotten it, you can simply reset the router to factory settings. By doing so, the login details would get back to the default username and password. However, it should be marked that by doing so you shall lose the changes you might have made on the router earlier.
How to configure the router using 192.168.188.1?
The router admin page can be quite menacing even considering all the computer terms and numbers. One of the best places to start is by making changes to the login details given above.
- By following the steps mentioned above, log in to the router admin page.
- On the main page, scroll down to the options list and search for the general settings menu.
- Select the router password or other similar menu option.
- Enter the password you shall remember in the future which is strong and secure.
- Make sure you save whatever changes you make in the password or other details.
Using the general settings menu, changes can also be made to the router’s username.
How to make changes to the local IP address?
Local IP Address is another essential change made by the users on their routers. The router you are using comes with two IP addresses. If you are willing to make changes on the IP address apart from 192. 168. 188. 1, make sure you are noting down the new IP address as you might need it in the future to get access to your router admin page.
- Once again, get access to your router admin page and search for the general settings menu or any other similar option.
- Select the option “network settings”.
- Scroll down in this menu and search for “router settings”.
- Now type the IP address and save the changes.
Hence, in this way by saving the changes you have made, you can make changes in the local IP address. One can also make changes to the username and password of the WiFi network.
http://192.168.188.1 is among the many common private IP addresses, even if it’s not your IP address. And if it is not your IP address, you can easily look for your IP address or router model online. And this is possible through the router’s default IP address.
Again, it is possible that one might be using a communal IP address that doesn’t alter. Such type of IP addresses is called unvarying IP addresses. They are for websites or Cloud servers that need to remain online always.
- 192.168.1.254 wifi settings
- 192.168.1.1 admin page
- 192.168.0.1 username password
- 10.0.0.0.1 login guide
- 192.168.10.1 default login password
(For more updates on Wifi Routers and Reviews, Keep visiting Us)